BA (Hons) in Marketing
CAO Code: DB531
This programme focuses on core areas of marketing such as communications, planning, management, consumer behaviour, services marketing, marketing research, strategic marketing, digital marketing and specifically event management in a marketing context. The degree aims to develop learners' knowledge of the theory, as well as practice of marketing, necessary for them to secure employment and perform in the areas of marketing in a broad range of employment environments with special focus on event marketing, event management, and the events marketing industries.
- Provide learners with knowledge and understanding of the fundamental theories and concepts and methods of business.
- Develop an in‐depth knowledge and understanding of the theory, principles and methods that underpin the practice of marketing.
- Analyse problems and formulate practical solutions to a variety of marketing problems at both a strategic and tactical level, as well as the ability to critically evaluate the approach and techniques used.
- Develop a range of key interpersonal skills, characteristics and attitudes to enable learners to work professionally both individually and as part of teams.
- Cultivate key personal attributes, self‐awareness and confidence to foster lifelong learning and to support progression in a career and/or further academic study.
- Develop the skills of creativity and innovation and learn to think entrepreneurially in a marketing environment.