The Online Diploma in Human Resource Management (HRM) is delivered wholly online. Workshops, tutorials and programme assessments are all conducted through a virtual learning environment.
Weekly scheduled classes are streamed live and recorded using Zoom, a cloud-based app that works on any device. Just like on campus classes involve lectures, group discussions, student presentations and live tests.
Zoom is a cloud-based collaboration app that works on all devices. Weekly scheduled classes are streamed live and recorded on Zoom. Just like in on-campus classes, online classes include lectures, group discussions, student presentations and live tests.
For you to be able to interact fully with the class, you have to be able to see and hear it. To make sure you get the full virtual learning experience, make sure you have:
• A microphone
• Speakers or headphones
• A webcam
Most modern devices come with all of the above built-in. If your device does not have all of these (or it is broken) there are a few options you can explore:
• Use the Zoom app on your mobile phone to attend classes.
• Purchase an external webcam with a built in microphone (these are available from around €15).
• Purchase a headset with a microphone (also available from around €15).
• Use a combination or your PC and phone. Dial in to the Zoom session for audio (numbers available for most countries) and attend the meeting online for video.
Moodle is an online learning management system. You will find materials and activities here, as well as links to the live classes, information on your lecturers and your timetable.
To use Moodle you will need:
• A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone
• Any internet browser or equivalent app (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari etc.)
• Apps that can read and edit PDFs, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint documents. If you do not already have access to these apps, they can be made freely available to you for the duration of the course.
Students have full access to the DBS Online Library, including eBooks, academic papers and other research materials.
Your lecturers are available to support you throughout your learning, both on Zoom during classes and on email.
Virtual Community of Learners
You will become part a virtual community where you can network and share with fellow online students
If you have any questions about any of the technical requirements for DBS Online courses, please contact the admissions team who will put you in touch with the IT support team.